Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Lion's Lady - Julie Garwood

POCKET BOOKS

I declare, in my mind, it is a tie between Nora roberts and Julie Garwood. I have been lucky enough to collect a few of the Julie Garwood books, and this is my latest acquisition yet.

This story is about the latest toast of the London society, Christina Bennet, who has a past cloaked in mystery ...and Lyon, the Marquis of Lyonwood, who has a past mired with betrayal and grief.

She is feisty and rebellious and he is stubborn and insistant. Not a match made in heaven...but as the story progresses, love conquers all... their own reservations, weak willed suitors,a treacherous aunt, a murderous father...

Blissful ending and absolutely delightful narration. I could ask for nothing more.

3 comments:

deeps said...

looks like a good one!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Swapna~~(:)
Nice to meet you, wow we are miles apart __India ~~ U.S.~
I was over at the MUSE reading ''our'' poem..and I like your part of it (:) very nicely done ~~
hugs,Patty

Grace said...

Hi Swapna, this is my first visit on your blog and I just like it very much. I love reading novels, too. And I had Julie Garwood and Barbara Cartland, too. I love Danielle Steel, Sidney Sheldon and James Patterson, too. It was my mom who I imitated. There is not a day that she don't read. :)
I hope you don't mind that I am here.